NEWS
Kaduna Govt Rejects Kidnapping Report, Says Security Greatly Improved

The Kaduna State Government has dismissed as “false, mischievous and irresponsible” a report which ranked the state among the worst-hit by kidnapping incidents in Nigeria.
The report, credited to Lagos-based geopolitical research firm SB Morgen, claimed that no fewer than 629 persons were abducted in Kaduna between July 2024 and June 2025.
But in a statement on Thursday, the Commissioner-Designate, Malam Ahmed Maiyaki, insisted the publication did not reflect the reality on the ground.
“The attention of the Kaduna State Government has been drawn to recent reports and commentaries regarding the security situation in the state. The publication by SB Morgen alleging that 629 persons were abducted within the period is false and mischievous,” the statement read in part.
Maiyaki described the figures as a figment of the imagination of its authors, accusing them of attempting to discredit the “Kaduna Peace Model,” which he said had been endorsed by security agencies and critical stakeholders.
According to him, Governor Uba Sani’s security framework has restored stability across flashpoint areas, enabling the recovery of over 500,000 hectares of arable land once abandoned due to insecurity.
“Today, farmers in these areas have returned to their farms, while the livestock markets in Birnin Gwari and Giwa local government areas, which were shut down for over a decade, have reopened, thereby boosting the economic fortunes of the people,” Maiyaki said.
The government further urged residents to disregard the report, cautioning the media and research bodies against “sensational publications that could undermine the morale of security personnel working tirelessly to protect our communities.”
Also speaking on the security situation, the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Dr. Suleiman Shuaibu, revealed that in April alone, security forces carried out 34 operations, leading to the arrest of 54 high-profile suspects and the rescue of more than 75 kidnap victims.
He added that several criminal hideouts had been destroyed, with prosecutions ongoing to ensure justice for victims.
Shuaibu also pointed to the government’s non-kinetic efforts, including the creation of the Kaduna Peace Dialogue Group, which offers a platform for negotiation and reintegration of repentant bandits.
“The safety and well-being of our citizens remain paramount. We therefore call on the public to disregard the purported kidnapping ranking, and instead focus on fostering vigilance, resilience, security and sustainable peace in our dear state,” he said.
Discover more from Naijanewstoday
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
-
NEWS7 days ago
Ebonyi Man Begins Lagos–Abakaliki Trek in Support of Gov Nwifuru’s Peace Efforts in Effium Crisis
-
NEWS4 days ago
Asaga Nwali Commissions Mega Oil and Gas Facility in Ebonyi
-
NEWS4 days ago
Nwifuru’s Aide Commends Nworu’s Courageous Lagos-Abakaliki Peace Trekk
-
FACT-CHECKS/INVESTIGATION7 days ago
FCT Police Nab Kidnap Kingpins, Seize Guns and ₦7.4m
-
FACT-CHECKS/INVESTIGATION5 days ago
Widow Arrested with Cocaine Disguised as Pregnancy — NDLEA
-
CAMPUS REPORTS6 days ago
Poly Student Stabbed to Death in Bauchi Robbery Attack
-
FACT-CHECKS/INVESTIGATION6 days ago
Lagos Police Dissolve Tactical Squad After Viral Assault Video
-
NEWS3 days ago
Two Suspects Arrested for Truck Hijacking and Assault in Ebonyi
-
POLITICS4 days ago
Former Lagos PDP Chairman Tunji Shelle Defects To ADC
-
POLITICS5 days ago
Enugu, Plateau Governors Absent as PDP Leaders Meet in Zamfara
-
FACT-CHECKS/INVESTIGATION6 days ago
FCT Police Smash Car Snatching Syndicate, Recover Vehicles
-
SPORTS7 days ago
Super Eagles Coach Eric Chelle Announces 31-Man Provisional Squad For 2026 World Cup Qualifiers